Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Re-Subbing to WoW, and Warlords of Draenor Hype!


xXBChaceXx

|-Game News, Reviews, and Rants-|

Re-subscribing to WoW: My Decision Was Met With Sheer Enjoyment
I’m doing something different with this post, guys. I’m just going to post my thoughts and my experiences. Nothing serious. A more ‘casual’ read, if you will. Of course, I’m not through with reviews, tips, and news articles, those will still be coming. I just want get a consensus of what my viewer-base wants to read and see on my blog.
            So, I guess I’ll just start typing away, yeah?
            I’ve been playing a lot of World of Warcraft in my spare time, when I’m not writing my novels, or spending time with my girlfriend, or working… or eating, or going out… or whatever-the-hell-else I do on a daily basis. My decision to re-subscribe to Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft was definitely one of the best decisions I’ve made in regards to gaming.
I quit World of Warcraft around the end of Season 12, and the beginning of Season 13, so, about 5 or 6 months ago. It was a much needed break, as I was starting to feel the fatigue of a severe lack of content, and a repetitive and boring gameplay that I just couldn’t seem to stomach after a while. During my time away from WoW, I focused more on other games. My original intention for un-subscribing was due to the release of Microsoft’s Xbox One. I had to have it. I’ve been an Xbox fan since the 360’s inception. After I got my fill with Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, and others, I thought to myself, ‘I miss WoW.’
‘I miss WoW’ is a thought that has run in my mind at almost every point when I have quit playing World of Warcraft. It’s almost like a bi-polar girlfriend, in a sense, where you give up on it because they treat you like crap, and change in a way you don’t like, then they coerce you back in.
I’ve quit World of Warcraft for countless reasons, and they are as follows: Unable to afford the $15 sub fee, not playing enough to warrant the sub fee, frustrated with the balance changes of the game, not enough friends to play with, and quitting WoW to play other PC games and console exclusives.
This time, however, I find myself enjoying World of Warcraft more than I have in years. Here’s why: Warlords of Draenor.
The promised expansion (X-Pac) Warlords of Draenor is set to take players back to arguably the fan favorite world of Outland, which in Warcraft lore, was formerly known as Draenor, the Orc home world.
            Warlords of Draenor, as it stands, is my most anticipated expansion to World of Warcraft. There is so much that the developers are adding to the game world! Level 100 cap, 7 new zones, a new world-PvP zone, updated character models, garrisons, 2 new raids, 6 new dungeons, 2 revamped classic dungeons, new battlegrounds and scenarios, an overhauled talent system, and lastly, rebalancing to both PvP and PvE.
            It’s the expansion fans have been waiting for! (Including myself!)
            Currently, I’ve been working on gearing my insta-90 Undead Warrior, and it’s going quite well. Battlegrounds, while I’m undergeared and outmatched, since the balance adjustment to raise the base resilience, I actually can stand a chance against my opponents. It was until I upgraded my 483 iLvL weapon to a Grievous Gladiator’s 2-handed sword where my damage significantly increased. Learning a warrior has been a breeze for me, as I’ve leveled several warriors to 80 previously. I just never made that final push to 85 in Cataclysm, and 90 in MoP. Now that I have a 90 warrior, I’ve come to find out… they’re F$#@ing fun to play! Definitely worth the investment.
            I pre-purchased WoD several weeks back. I don’t know what my financial situation will be about 5 or 6 months down the line, when the next x-pac is due to come out. I felt that pre-purchasing the game will save me the trouble of having to shell out the money later in the Fall or early Winter months.
Come and join me on WoW!
Gutraven, level 90 Undead Warrior
Nalakai, level 90 Undead Rogue
Realm: Bleeding Hollow
Faction: Horde
Game on! –Brian
Image owned by Blizzard Entertainment

11 comments:

  1. Hello BChace,
    I left World of Warcraft a few Months into Mists because I really couldn't stand the new talent trees. Has Blizzard entertainment changed anything with the talent system... Like, and I know I'm getting my hopes up, changing them back? I'd love to see a blog strictly speaking about the talent system.
    Thanks! Love the blog

    *~* Kira

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kira,
    Thank you for the inspiration. I completely understand how you feel... the talent trees have become very cookie-cutter, with very little leg-room to create your own playstyle (when it comes to effectiveness.) I'll be writing more about WoW in the near future! Stay tuned :) and thanks for the comment! I appreciate your involvement with my blog
    -Brian Chace aka BChace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to be an inspiration. I'm at that part where I'm thinking about coming back to the game, I do miss it. Your analogy of it being like a bipolar girlfriend was so true. So I'm sure you can understand my apprehension.

    *~* Kira

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kira,
    I understand your apprehension. However, the new talent systems are going to be spec focused. For an example, mages specifically will have varying tiers of talents for each spec. Frost mages will have an upgraded Frost Nova, along with other spells, and Fire Mages have the option of taking Blast Wave, and other spells. The same goes with most of the other classes. Level 100 talents are looking VERY promising, however, the talent system will remain unchanged (Although, there are overhauling it so it will be less cookie-cutter). I'd highly recommend you come back to WoW and give it another shot. Warlords of Draenor is looking more and more appealing every day. Back to Outland! YES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bchace,
      Thank you so much for the input... I think I'm still walking that thin line between "I hate all or wow" and "that game was so much fun!" Partly because I don't think I have anyone to play with, most of my friends quit. I do have one friend who might come back with me... I don't want to play alone on a PvP server, that's just asking for pain...

      *~* Kira

      P.s. pardon my spelling and grammatical errors I'm posting off a tablet.

      Delete
  5. Kira,
    Any time. You're one of the reasons why I write my blogs. I aim to help gamers make good financial decisions in regards to their gaming purchases. When it comes to WoW, I find that it's a game I can play alone, or with friends. I don't mind playing alone, because grinding BGs is generally a 50/50 chance of winning or losing, and friends don't always help those odds. Personally, I think you should resubscribe to WoW. $15 a month is only 50 cents a day, and you don't have to play every day. I'm sure your friend who is considering playing would feel better if you played with her, perhaps, even persuade her to subscribe herself. Well, the two of you are more than welcome to join me and play on Bleeding Hollow (Horde). Tol Barad is still as active as ever! And, since there are more connected realms, there are more players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you looked at all into Warlords of Draenor? The alpha phase is currently in progress. The game is reverting back to the BC formula (but more refined). Draenor, as Outland was formerly known, is the new world, and the level cap is 100, instead of the typical 5 levels...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bchace,
      Excellent news, I'd like to thank you in my decision to play again. My friend is also going to rejoin as soon as we find out what Is wrong with her net connection. I do think I will join Bleeding Hollow as well as horde, I feel alliance has become so care bear fun fest and I'd really like to give horde a try. So as soon as I get my brand new computer in I'll see you in Azeroth!

      *~*Kira
      KAWAIII!!!

      Delete
    2. Awesome. Sounds like a plan! I'm sure you and your friend will have a great time playing. If you want to add me, my Battletag is xXBChaceXx#1901. I have plenty of heroes that aren't 90 yet, so, we can level if you'd like. Horde, I've always found, are more fun to play. Since I've seen the remodels to the Undead, I've decided to main Undead heroes as my characters, instead of Blood Elves. Yes! :) See you in Azeroth!

      Delete
    3. BChace,

      Sure thing, I need more people to play with... I'm sure I am rusty though, I quit back in August of 2013 when I just could not stand how depressing WoW had become, I was a Wrath Baby after all and remember the days of duel specing Resto/Boomchicken insanity. I plan on re rolling everything no 90's all will be deleted except one for storage of my Looms and other stuff I have horded over the years. No mages, I had a sick love for mages that bordered on Psychotic. See you in Azeroth!

      *~* Kira

      Delete
  7. Bchace,

    I got my computer yesterday, and holy graphics, batman! I got all my stuff situated and am now left with the decision of what to roll.... my ahhh main character was a fire mage but I don't feel like transferring her over I deleted my level 88 rogue. I need a new main! Got my friends internet fixed, I think she might need a WiFi extension.

    I'm on bleeding hollow and my main is nothing! Help, warning I speak Lolcatz with my friend often.

    *~* Kira

    ReplyDelete