Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

It's Been WAY TOO LONG, guys! Let's Catch Up!

xXBChaceXx
|-Game News, Reviews, and Rants-|
It’s Been WAY TOO LONG
Hello, everyone! BChace here… and… the title says it all. What the heck, right? Did I just drop off the face of the planet? Well, yes and no… sort of. Confusing, right? Okay. Let me fill you in…

            It’s been exactly one year, one month, and nine days since my last blog post (Wow! Talk about a slacker, right?) In all seriousness, I want to better keep up with this. I WILL make a commitment this time around. Promise.

            Okay…

            STORY TIME! (Something I so desperately need to devote more time to.)

            So, in early August, I started to work at a small business so named Bliss Express, owned by the self-entitled avid community man… Mr. Boukeir. He is the ‘Boss-man’, and one of the first to ACTUALLY give me a chance in the working world. Despite my credentials, I cannot find something suitable in my area. Believe me, making minimum wage isn’t the best thing, especially when, at the end of the month, your wallet (and bank account) are both empty. But, I digress… It’s been a year, and I’m still (unfortunately) working in the same shaky work environment. But, don’t you fret! I’m working my butt off to… well, you can take a guess J Lol. I don’t need to tell you.

            Fall 2014 semester of BCC, much to my chagrin, I found myself still in the same work environment for two years. As much as I had enjoyed working for TASC (Tutoring and Academic Support Center) and I met some great people (Adam, John, Jessica, Erica, and a few other great people! My love, most notably) I just wasn’t feeling gratified in my day-to-day duties. I was working THREE jobs, and I was feeling exhausted at the end of the day. From one place, to the next, and to the next! I just couldn’t handle the hours. SO, I made an adjustment, and I stuck with two part-time jobs.

            But, enough about work. Let’s skip ahead a bit… to December… to something… memorable.

            On Christmas Eve of last year, I proposed to my girlfriend of two years (and the longest moment of my life) waiting for the single greatest word in the English language ‘Yes’. My heart sang, figuratively speaking of course. As you could surmise, things moved progressively after the fact, a little TOO fast as per usual, but I went with it. It was my choice, and I’m happy with it. Being engaged feels great, despite what married folks seemed to joke around about how ‘I wouldn’t do it again,’ or, ‘I’d divorce her/him in a heartbeat’.

            Late February of 2015 (After that GOD AWFUL winter the east -coast had), I left the nest. Yupp. Finally! Hard to believe it’s been… 6 months. Dayumn. Anyway, things were a little unstable shortly after that… when my car died, however short lived that was. After speaking with a family friend, who conveniently owns a car dealership…

            BAM!

            Got me a brand new car. 2007 Kia. Low mileage, new timing belt, the works. Excellent, right? It’s far superior to my old clunker, my Grandfather’s ’99 Altima. As much of an attachment I had to it, being my first car, I was happy to be rid of it. Far too many problems, and a few accidents caused due to its failing structure. Emissions let go, and there was far too much dry-rot to salvage the vehicle. So, I gave it to good ol’ Mr. Artie-G, and he turned it to scrap metal for a pretty sweet chunk of change off my Kia. Hell, I didn’t think I’d love driving a car so much as I do. Making monthly payments (not too shabby), and just adjusting to adulthood in general…

            Not nearly as scary as I thought it would be. ‘Scary’ is a damnable understatement, as an anxious mind overthinks just about each and every aspect of life, whether it be personal relationships, career, even hobbies. But, that’s a story for another time.

            Now, here I am, today… writing to you all, on this rainy, summer Tuesday evening. I feel truly blessed, despite what may or may not be going on around me. I just celebrated my two year anniversary with my love the day before (Steak w/sides and Shiraz! Yum!) and just warm closeness.

            Thank you all for reading this little blog! It makes my day. I’ll be writing more soon to talk about all things gaming related! Regardless of how busy I am, I make the effort to follow the gaming scene. Lots to talk about! But, most of all, a lot to catch up on with you all.

            Until next time…

            Game on, guys!


            -Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment